Eugene and Marilyn Glick Eye Institute
The $30 million, 77,000-square-foot Eugene and Marilyn Glick Eye Institute will combine patient care, teaching and research laboratories to advance vision science and treatment in Indiana and across the nation. The capstone of the philanthropy of Eugene and Marilyn Glick, the eye institute is the newest building on the IU School of Medicine campus in Indianapolis. The institute is scheduled for completion in July 2011.
Click here to see floorplans of the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Eye Institute
Click here to learn about the Glick Eye Institute Public Art Project
The Eugene and Marilyn Glick Eye Institute will be formally dedicated at 3 p.m. Friday Aug. 19, 2011.
- The ceremony will be on the fourth floor of the IUPUI Campus Center at the southwest corner of Michigan Street and University Boulevard.
- Following the ceremony, guests are invited to attend the unveiling of the “Open Eyes” sculpture at the Glick Eye Institute. A reception and tours of the building will follow. Shuttle bus service will be provided.
- Parking is available in the Vermont Street garages, located just west of and adjacent to the IUPUI Campus Center. Shuttle bus service will be available from the Campus Center to the Glick Eye Institute and to the parking garages.
Vision Research Symposium
The Second Annual Eugene and Marilyn Glick Eye Institute Vision Research Symposium will be Friday, Aug. 19 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Glick Eye Institute, 1160 W. Michigan St.
For more information on the symposium, click here
Parking will be available at the Riley Hospital Clinic Outpatient garage (ROC) and the Vermont Street garages across Michigan Street. A campus map is available here.
University Place Hotel and Conference Center will honor guests attending the Glick Eye Institute Vision Research Symposium and dedication with reduced University rates. Guests will need to mention the event when making the reservation. Click here for hotel information.
Glick Eye Institute Community Day
Faculty and staff at the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Eye Institute invite the public to attend Community Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 20 at the Glick Eye Institute.
- Health screenings, including vision screenings for adults and children, melanoma screenings from the IU Simon Cancer Center and BMI and blood pressure screenings from IU Health will be offered.
- A mural artist will begin her work on canvases to be hung in the clinic waiting room; an art project in which children can illustrate their favorite sight to see also is planned.